Skip to main content

Patanjali Yoga sutra Part-8

All seeing, all knowing:

The next sutra is Tatra niratishayam sarvagnabëjam (Sûtra 25) meaning "In Him exists the seed of all knowingness in a special manner."
The seed of knowing is present in God. But then people begin to ask questions — "Well, if Lord Krishna knew everything, why did he try to stop the war three times? He knew the war was going to happen anyway. He never told Arjuna that he was going to win the war. No. All He says is 'If you win the war, you will rule this world. If you lose the war, you will go to heaven'.'

He does not give the right answer, the right knowledge. He does not tell Arjuna what the result is going to be. The question is why.

This seed of 'all knowing' is present everywhere. For instance, when you have a dictionary at home, any moment, any word you want, you can just turn the page and pick it out. You do not need to know by heart every word present in the dictionary. Similarly, if you open yourself up to this highest form of your consciousness, this moment, all knowledge is present.

What does 'all knowledge' mean? This moment you know or feel all the beings in the world and what they are doing. How many millions of people are there in this planet? At this one moment, there are many people in the world who are snoring, similarly there are others who are fighting and many who are just eating. And this is just the people. Now take into account all living beings. So many eggs hatching, so many being chickens being killed. So many buffaloes wandering around; so many cows grazing; so many monkeys jumping from tree to tree; so many ants, cockroaches, flies, mosquitoes, amoebae… millions and millions of viruses and bacteria..

There is an enormous amount of activity this very moment. Among this enormous activity you pick up the one — what is so and so doing right now. This is a very difficult job, sometimes not worth the time, but it is possible. Sometimes people ask me how I know the most secret thing in their life, the thing they never told anyone about. I tell them I do not know, but I know it. On the other hand, sometimes I don't even know where I have placed my pen or comb.

This is most confusing to people who wonder how I search for my comb, yet know their deepest darkest secrets. That is the seed of 'all knowingness' present in the consciousness. Yes, it is indeed amazing.

The next Sutra is Sa esha purveshamapi guruhu kalenanavachchedat' meaning "He is the master of those who lived before too as he is not limited by time."

This consciousness is the Guru /guide even to those who were there before. There is no break in time as far as it is concerned. In the Bhagavad Gita, Lord Krishna tells Arjuna, that the knowledge he is giving him, he has taught to Ikshvâku and Manu before. When Arjuna asks how that is possible, Krishna says, "You do not know me. See, I have come so many times and you have come so many times. You have forgotten and I know it all. I have taught then, I am teaching now also. I will continue to teach in the future also."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bhartiya Sciptures

I am posting this as I think it is necessary. I feel most of today's India don't even know what are our great scriptures are. Even a week ago, I also didn't know all about it. So I felt, it will be good for general awareness and I encourage my blog readers to make a link to this post or copy this post to their own blogs, so that people at least know about the wealth our country has given to the world :) 1. Vedas: There are four Vedas. According to to the Muktikopnishad they had 21, 109, 1,000 and 50 branche s (Total of 1180 branches) . a. Rigved b. Yajurved c. Samved d. Atharvaved 2. Vedangas: There are six Vedangas (parts of the body of the Vedas): a. Vyakaran: Science of Grammer. b. Jyotish: Science of Astrology. c. Nikrukt: Detailed dictionary of vedic words. d. Shikcha: Science of pronunciation. e. Chand: Poetry of Vedas. f. Kalp Sutras: Vedic Dharma 3. Upveds: There are four upveds: a. Arthved (science of sociolo...

Sri Sri University

Sri Sri University Formal education trains people to take up different roles in the society in pursuit of economic growth and social order. With the Indian industry poised to take off as a global economic power, the demand for skilled youth to guide and carry on this pursuit can not be underestimated. Paradoxically, it is confronted with an ever increasing number of educated youth, with mismatched skill-sets: youth with an abundance of technical knowledge but clearly lacking in focus on inner joy, initiative and creativity. Sri Sri University is an international initiative to address this anomaly by developing tomorrow's leaders, managers of change, trained to the industry requirements, with an attitude and skill-set transcending specific disciplines. Inspired by His Holiness Sri Sri Ravi Shankar, students will look beyond their own limitations and share bigger responsibilities as worthy citizens and brim with confidence. In them we may see not just the smartest, but the leaders,...

Achieving Quality Living

If we look around in history also in life around us, there are people who have created history or who are creating history. These are handful of people which you count on fingers while other part of population seems mere existing on the this planet rather than living the life. Just look closely any inspiring figure whether a social workers, reformers, spiritual leaders or Business Tycoons you can take any name say it Martin Luther king or Mother Teresa, or Sri Sri Ravi Shankar or Swami Vivekananda, Bill Gates, Henry Ford All these people have same number of minutes in a day as we have. Then why these people able to deliver much more than we do? What make them different from other people. Now this is a wider issue. I am catching one thread of discussion in this post. If you realize in life we do kind of actions one which are life supporting and other are life degrading. Life supporting actions help us to move forward life life degrading actions bind our legs and put us back. And not do...