I am posting this as I think it is necessary. I feel most of today's India don't even know what are our great scriptures are. Even a week ago, I also didn't know all about it. So I felt, it will be good for general awareness and I encourage my blog readers to make a link to this post or copy this post to their own blogs, so that people at least know about the wealth our country has given to the world :) 1. Vedas: There are four Vedas. According to to the Muktikopnishad they had 21, 109, 1,000 and 50 branche s (Total of 1180 branches) . a. Rigved b. Yajurved c. Samved d. Atharvaved 2. Vedangas: There are six Vedangas (parts of the body of the Vedas): a. Vyakaran: Science of Grammer. b. Jyotish: Science of Astrology. c. Nikrukt: Detailed dictionary of vedic words. d. Shikcha: Science of pronunciation. e. Chand: Poetry of Vedas. f. Kalp Sutras: Vedic Dharma 3. Upveds: There are four upveds: a. Arthved (science of sociolo...
Sounds Interesting...
Comments